Lynch Landscape & Tree Service, Inc. is a MetroWest leader in Landscape Design/Build services for the high-end residential market. For nearly four decades, our focus and passion has been providing our clients with the highest quality of customer service and craftsmanship. We are looking for an organized, creative and motivated Entry Level Landscape Designer/Estimator who shares our team’s core values of hard work, passion and dedication. While our immediate needs are junior level, we view this position as merely a starting point. Based on rapid growth, we look forward to training the right person to grow along with us.
Applicant should be a resourceful self-starter who is a team player, but also capable of working independently. Communication skills and attention to detail are essential to this position; as sales, customer care and customer retention will be critical to determining long term success. We expect that the individual will be willing to put in the extra effort when necessary to complete their work in a timely manner to meet both seasonal demands and deadlines. During certain times of the year this position could require work on Saturdays, evenings and early mornings depending on when customers are available to meet.
JOB / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
● Works in collaboration with other designers & landscape supervisors on a wide array of projects
● Prepares documents and graphics for all phases of landscape architectural design, inclusive of site analysis, master planning, schematic design, and design development and construction documents
● Generate two-dimensional and three-dimensional design graphics
● Coordinate estimating effort relevant to bids/projects assigned
● Thoroughly review proposal specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meeting to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
● Review and organize schedule of projects being estimated
● Prepares conceptual budgets based on minimal information
● Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project
● Build strong relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values
● Participate in periodic reviews and visits to projects as appropriate
● Participate in business development activities and build networking relationships to further understand client needs and expectations
● Well versed in New England plant identification and care
● Must have a good understanding of construction materials and process.
Knowledge / Education
● Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Construction, Landscape Architecture, Construction Management preferred or equivalent related work experience Skills / Competencies
● Must be proficient in CAD based programs
● Proficiencies in SketchUp and Adobe Suite preferred
● Must be proficient in all computer software programs used in estimating.
● Must have strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency with all MS Office products.
● Ability to understand and use blueprints and other project planning/ technical documents.
● Read and interpret project specifications and plans from the residential and commercial teams to prepare detailed, comprehensive and accurate quantity and material price take-offs
● Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
● Ability to professionally communicate the basis for individual work product within a highly stressed environment
● Ability and willingness to abide by policies
● Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively and possess a strong work ethic
● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills mandatory
● High attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
We offer an industry-leading compensation package and a full range of benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance; 401k and match; bonus potential; and paid time off. We are a drug free workplace and require a satisfactory background and driving record check. Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary Starting at $45,000/year plus commission opportunities
Schedule: Monday to Friday, occasionally Saturday as needed during peak seasons
Work Remotely: No
Why join our team? We offer competitive wages, overtime opportunities, Health/ Dental/ Vision insurance, Paid time off, 401(k) with company match, and Education Reimbursement. Please complete the following form, and someone will be in touch soon.